Views
Helpful
Replies

set dscp for router answer

JM Montenot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am dynamically configuring a CISCO IOS XE 4331 (16.4) router using NSO.

I need to have communications between the NSO and routers using a specific DSCP.

As far as I understand, achieving this requires to custom the netconf configuration but I didn't manage a way to do this with the NSO.

I already tried to set an ACL on the router but no way, trafic still uses the default DSCP set for NETCONF.

Could you please gently tell me how to set the DSCP?

Thank you.

Alexandre

3 Replies 3

rogaglia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

NSO communicate towards devices using the management network. IF you need to "have communications between the NSO and routers using a specific DSCP.", you would need to set this DSCP in the hosting linux machine or in a upstream router in the management network.

Roque

Hi Roque,

Thank you. However I am still confused,

NSO communicates towards devices using the network we specify in the NSO setup. In our context, for operational reason, this is the user network (inbound management).

I agree that this is possible to set a DSCP in the linux hosting the NSO, and we already did this. The fact is that the router does not reply with the same DSCP as the request...

I tried to dig further and as far as I understand, the DSCP is set during netconf capability exchange (RFC). This is why I am asking about NSO capability. I tried to set ssh dscp on the router but does not work since NETCONF use a specific port (830). I tried an ACL as well but does not work.

Then my question is: is it possible to make the router answer with a specific DSCP using NSO & Netconf?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jean-Marc,

I am very troubled by your answer. To my knowledge, DSCP is an IP (layer 3) setting while NETCONF is an application in top of SSH (layer 7).

I searched for DSCP in the RFC 6241 document and I did not get any match. Maybe you can refer to the specific capability you are referring to?

Regards,

Roque