Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange behavior scp-to for Cisco devices

lweddewer
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

I've seen some strange behavior when using the scp-to against Cisco IOS devices:

NSO VersionNEDDeviceHow?File transferedResult
4.7.4.36.36.2CSR1000vUsing CLIYesSession hangs until interrupted with CTRL + C
4.7.4.36.36.2ISR4451xUsing CLIYesSession hangs until interrupted with CTRL + C
4.7.4.36.36.2CSR1000v Using PythonYesAction Session hangs until request packages reload.
5.2.1.26.43.2CSR1000vUsing CLIYesError: internal error
5.2.1.26.43.2CSR1000vusing PythonYesError: Python cb_action error. internal error (18): internal error
5.36.43.2CSR1000vusing CLIYesAction works as expected with Status OK.
5.3.0.16.43.2CSR1000vusing CLIYesAction works as expected with Status OK.

All tested installations  where local installations.

And in all combinations the file was transfered to the device succesfully..

I've tried to find anything in the changelog. I found some points related to scp-to/scp-from but nothing which fits exactly to the seen behavior.

Is this a kown behavior with older versions? If so is there or will there be a fix for the older version 4.7.x? 

Regards Lothar

2 Replies 2

Andre Gustavo Albuquerque
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The underline causes for the multiple problems described in your post may be different.

It would be better if you open a TAC case and get the RCA for these problems, so you could have a precise answer for your question.

I hope I had a better answer than that, but, as you already did, I've searched the CHANGES file and found multiple changes to scp code in multiple releases. A TAC engineer would be able to assist you reproducing the problem and providing guidance on the supported releases which incorporated the fix.

Best regards

lmanor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Lothar,

I just saw this in the 5.2.2 CHANGES files:

- ncs: An internal error will no longer be displayed to the user when the

file transfer has finished using the /devices/device/scp-to or

/devices/device/scp-from action.

I followed it back to a one of the defect tracker systems and found this:

The fix will be available in NSO 4.7.7 / 5.1.3 / 5.2.2 / 5.3 with the following Change Note: "An internal error will no longer be displayed to the user when the file transfer has finished using the /devices/device/scp-to or /devices/device/scp-from action.

Regards.