Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to build NETCONF NED on Cisco NSO 5.4.2

Shashank Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am using following steps to build a NETCONF NED for Juniper and Arista devices but it is failing with error: "Error: Failed to compile NED bundle".

Steps:

1. Enable devtools
using ncs# devtools true
2. Go to config terminal
3. Create new project for ned builder
netconf-ned-builder project junosned 1.1 device ZTP6RPAJ01 local-user install vendor Juniper
commit then exit
4. exit conf mode
5. Fetch module list from device
netconf-ned-builder project junosned 1.1 fetch-module-list
6. Select module: netconf-ned-builder project junosned 1.1 module * * select >> show netconf-ned-builder project junosned 1.1 module status
7. ncs# netconf-ned-builder project junosned 1.1 build-ned
Error: Failed to compile NED bundle
ncs# show netconf-ned-builder project junosned 1.1 build-status
build-status error
ncs# show netconf-ned-builder project junosned 1.1 \
module build-error

Is there any way to further dig into these errors? I have already used make-development-ned option but even that is not feasible. I tried to build NED for Arista devices as well but that didn't work and failed with same error.

2 Replies 2

ramkraja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can look at the "/netconf-ned-builder/project/compiler-output" leaf - it contains the full output of the build attempt. You need to unhide the 'debug' hide-group, though.

Usually, this should be enough. If you are unlucky, and if it is an 'internal error' or some such crash, the best way forward would be contact NSO support.

/Ram

Hi,

I am trying to build a NETCONF NED for IOS-XE following the same process and at the moment am also reproducing this problem. I tried to look at the file you have said but I cannot find it, but I also did not understand what you meant by "unhiding the debug hide-group"? Can you please clarify what this is and how to do it please?

Thank you.