Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding kickers

From my understanding, a kicker node is setup which points to an "action" under the node being watched. When it says node being watched, is that a single leaf node? The reason I'm asking is I'm curious if I can setup a kicker to watch an entire list, and if any leaf in that list changes, the kicker will follow up. An example of my use case is to watch everything under /devices/device/platform, so that is version or model changes for any device, it will activate the kicker. Is this possible or would it be better to have a cron job check each night to see if these values have changed since yesterday?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It actually watches an xpath, so you can set it up to watch lists. Be aware that the behaviour for operational data depends on how the operational data is written so it will not work for all kinds of operational data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It actually watches an xpath, so you can set it up to watch lists. Be aware that the behaviour for operational data depends on how the operational data is written so it will not work for all kinds of operational data.