Replies

unhide kickers

previousqna
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Team,

In the 4.3.1 documents it says to unhide the kickers use:

Unhide Kickers

The top level container kickers is by default invisible due to a hidden attribute. In order to make kickers visible in the CLI, two steps are required. First the following XML snippet must be added to ncs.conf:

<hideGroup>

<name>debug</name>

</hideGroup>

Now the unhide command may be used in the CLI session:

admin@ncs(config)# unhide debug

admin@ncs(config)#

Does this belong under the main config section or a subsection in the ncs.conf file as I get the following:

ad configuration: /home/jconnary/vpc_NSO4_3_esc2_3_0_project_bundle-1.0/ncs.conf:342: hideGroup cannot occur here as a child to 'ncs-config'.

Daemon died status=21

[jconnary@localhost vpc_NSO4_3_esc2_3_0_project_bundle-1.0]$

If I put it outside the ncs-config, then when I try to unhide I get that the group does not exist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

previousqna
Level 5
Level 5

Please try following.

<ncs-config xmlns="http://tail-f.com/yang/tailf-ncs-config">

<hide-group>

<name>debug</name>

</hide-group>

….

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

previousqna
Level 5
Level 5

Please try following.

<ncs-config xmlns="http://tail-f.com/yang/tailf-ncs-config">

<hide-group>

<name>debug</name>

</hide-group>

….

Hi, 

hide-group instead of hideGroup (per documentation) worked great!

Seems hideGroup is the format for confd... I will ask to correct the doc.

So I've been trying to follow this thread and use the 'unhide debug' in order to see the kickers. None of the combinations I've tried work at all. I always see ; Error: unknown hide group when I try #(config) unhide debug .

I'm looking at the dev guide, man pages and admin guide for 4.7 but nothing appears to work. 

Is there an unpublished update for this or has anyone got a solution for 4.7?

Thanks in advance. 

Make sure that you modify ncs.conf with the hide-group configs as mentioned on the thread.

Then, for that to take effect, you'd need to reload (ncs --reload) or restart NSO.

Then unhide debug should work.

If you did the above, the only thing I can think of for it not to work is if you modified the wrong ncs.conf file.

I used the -c FILE to do my startup as you said, it worked like a champ. Thanks for pointing out that possibility. 

Now if I could only find some good examples of kickers written in python :)

There is a small example in examples.ncs/getting-started/developing-with-ncs/25-service-progress-monitoring that might be helpful (in the myserv package), they define a small utility function that I find illustrative in myserv.

Thanks for that! I'll have a look.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: