cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using variables set in a template

robert.lee2
Level 1
Level 1

https://community.cisco.com/t5/nso-developer-hub-discussions/xpath-position/td-p/3513828

For context please first review the issue described in the link above.  We left this issue at a point where it was determined that moving to 4.6+ was the only possible solution which supports new capabilities in the template such as setting variable values and several new loop constructs.  I have upgraded one of our lab nodes to 4.6.1.3, and where I am still stuck is - within the foreach loop segment - how to increment the value of the counter.  In the 4.6.1.3 development guide, the section on pg.261, only demonstrates the ability to increment a counter when using a for loop construct, but does not show any indication of how this may done in a foreach context, where the value of the counter is preserved across each pass, incremented and subsequently applied in the template.

1 Reply 1

robert.lee2
Level 1
Level 1

Solution that I came up with eventually - Hope this will help others as well -  Snippet from my template; mpls-path-hops is a list in my yang.....

<? set i = 0 ?>
            <? foreach {mpls-path-hops} ?>
            <?set i={$i+100}?>
            <hop>
              <hop-number>{$i}</hop-number>
              <ip-address>{hop-id}</ip-address>
              <mode>{hop-id-state}</mode>
            </hop>
            <?end?>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: