cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Validation from an already configured device

Etts Equinox
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use NSO in my environment which is already configured and while implementing a new service model for VPLS, i figured out that i need to validate vpn-id which will be configured in the service model a variable with all VPN-ID that already configured on my device before NSO.

lets say that i have VPN-ID as a leaf and i need to validate the number which will be put by user to all vpn-id which already on the PE which has been configured before NSO integration. how can i do this?

leaf bridge-domain-name {

type string;

}

leaf vfi-name {

type string;

}

leaf vpn-id {

type uint32;

Thanks

Amr Emad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sspehar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm not sure what kind of validation are you trying to achieve, but you can perform it inside your python code if you're using it for mapping. When you perform a sync-from, you have all configuration data in the cdb, so you can traverse the device model and get vpn-ids and then implement some kind of validation logic with it.

Simon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sspehar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm not sure what kind of validation are you trying to achieve, but you can perform it inside your python code if you're using it for mapping. When you perform a sync-from, you have all configuration data in the cdb, so you can traverse the device model and get vpn-ids and then implement some kind of validation logic with it.

Simon

Thanks that is the exact validation, i'm looking for