cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

speed issue

jstfrkiks
Level 1
Level 1

good afternoon i have the rv325 soho dual wan router on the latest firmware and Comcast 800 mbps internet

if i connect my modem to computer directly i get between 700 which is more then reasonable for the connection type

i have the modem connected to wan 1 set to fail over setting currently and no second internet connected currently

out of the rv325 i am only getting around 150-250 mbps. i used to get full speeds before and as far as i know nothing changed but the performance output has seemed to dropped.\

just to do my do diligence had the isp come out and take a look at the modem and they said all was good and speeds coming out of the modem were as expected

i have also changed the wan Ethernet cable currently new cat 6 cable and have tried different ports on the modem also just for testing

one odd thing i will note is this -- when i unplug and plug the wan cable into the rw325 for a few minutes i get full speed threw it then it dropps back down shortly after i don't know what could possibly cause that

3 Replies 3

jstfrkiks
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you yes I had read those posts and a few others here and else where before posting my question

since we have not read what you tried before, since your post does not mention that you tried that option, so hence my suggestion was to read that post.

I think of MTU, IPS slow down, try basic FW. So you tried all the options and there is nothing much the community can help with...Open an SMB TAC case for help.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help