cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10G Fiber Network Storm-Control

BilalButt62333
Level 1
Level 1

I have a big network on which switches are connected with single-mode SFP-LR fiber 10G fiber and only a few are on GE, So I want to implement on uplink ports to mitigate or stop the broadcast traffic as below

interface TenGigabitEthernet1/1/1

storm-control broadcast level 60.00 50.00
storm-control multicast level 60.00 50.00
storm-control broadcast level bps 50k 40k
storm-control multicast level pps 100 90
storm control action trap

So kindly validate if these parameters(rising and falling thresholds) are enough or if any other suggestion

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

I find this question a bit odd.
if you are concerned about broadcasts on a 10Gig interface, then you should redesign your network
think about segmenting your network using vlan's and routing to limit the size of your broadcast domains

Yes there are vlans properly configured, but I'm worried about broadcast
traffic definitely it can still occur so is it ok config?

- In general , I would consider storm control  incident based , meaning 'in the beginning' don't use it , invest more in link monitoring tools, use broadcast suppression methods only when needed (after monitoring) , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: