Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 3750X Trouble with finding SNMP OID for integer SFP DOM receive

treimers1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone --

So I'm trying to locate the SNMP OID for the integer that reports the receive power level for an DOM-capable SFP.

Details:

Platform, WS-C3750X and C9200L-24/48 port switches

SNMP platform. Centos 8 (NOT able to use Windows or any Win64 applications for this)

Actions so far:

Loaded the MIBS, including CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB and it's dependencies. 

I can SNMPwalk the hardware, and I've loaded the MIBs needed into /usr/share/snmp/mibs on my Linux server. 

Using the command:

"snmpwalk -v2c -c <string> <host>"

The resulting CLI output comes back with <snips here from a very long large text file>

ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalDescr.1071 = STRING: GigabitEthernet1/1/1 Receive Power Sensor

ENTITY-MIB::entPhysicalName.1071 = STRING: Gi1/1/1 Receive Power Sensor

So I'm able to see the OIDs coming from the SENSOR MIB.

This tells me that the MIB is working, and that the 3750X -does support- the Entity-Sensor MIB to return SFP DOM information.

It looks like the index would be 1071 for that port, that SFP.

But I can't find anything else with an index of 1071 that is an INTEGER that would contain the actual returned value in either dB or mW -- my understanding is that the OID returns a mW value, which must be converted to a dB using a formula.

So my challenge is to find out what SNMP MIB (if not Entity-Sensor) supports returning the actual integer value

Is it the Entity-Sensor MIB that should also return the integer values, or is that in some other MIB I don't have loaded?

Thanks Tim

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not remember since we removed 3750 from the environment and moved to 9300 and also I can not test, maybe lab i may have 1.

what is the version of code running? are you able to issue commands on the command level and see the power level? (not snmp)

below guide help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/simple-network-management-protocol-snmp/13505-show-env-temp-c6500.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help