cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CE Provisioning ONS 15454 MSPP

patrick.keenan
Level 1
Level 1

Just received a new commercial carrier service providing oc-3c. We are using the service to interconnect two ONS 15454 MSPP nodes. When I try to provision a CE circuit across the link I get a TPT failure alarm.  I have set the line configuration on the optical interface to support SDH. I am configuring the CE as an open V-CAT since I cannot establish a DCC channel over the link.  My question, is it possible to create CE circuits over an oc-3c and if so what are the configuration step to accomplish?  I have searched various on-line documents and to no avail I have not found any answers. The only information regarding the TPT failure alarm is there is a mismatch in the CE encapsulation which there isn't in this case. 

1 Reply 1

Tom Randstrom
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Could you provide a little more clarity regarding the network configuration.  

What 15454 SW version are you running? Which CE card do you have?  What Ethernet circuits are you trying to set up?  

You indicate you are receiving an OC-3c carrier circuit but mention provisioning the optical interface to support SDH (which would be an STM-1).  An OC-3C circuit is a single channel which cannot be broken down into smaller circuits using VCAT. The CE-series cards are designed for point-to-point circuit over SONET/SDH. With an OC-3c circuit, only one Ethernet circuit would be supported.  

Thanx! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card