Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect ASR9000 to NCS2000, and add to CTC

MarcusLondinium
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I work for a research lab, and we have a couple of NCS2006 switches and two ASR9904 routers. We would like to transmit between the routers through the switches.  I am struggling to add the ASR9000 to CTC; what ports need to be connected between the NCS2000 and the ASR9000? I have tried the management port on the ASR9000 and the ethernet port on the TNC card. Help with any other procedure I should be aware of would be appreciated.

Relevant documentation I have found-

Cisco NCS 2000 Series Network Configuration Guide, Release 10.x.x - Managing Network Connectivity [Cisco Network Convergence System 2000 Series] - Cisco

2 Replies 2

Hi Marcus 

Ncs2006 is an optical chassis typically used for dwdm long distance links. Its not really a switch as in ethernet switch unless you have specific cards that do some sort of internal switching to aggregate and deliver the traffic over the dwdm link.

Can you share more details, like what cards you have in n2k and a9k and a topology of how you plan to connect them ?

Cheers

Mark

Hi,

>From the documentation (see link), it seems to me that a direct connection (aside from the fiber connections) between the asr9000 and ncs2000 is required in order to setup LMP or an optical channel. This is what I do not know how to do.

MarcusLondinium