Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect UCS FI 6200 to a HP 5900 QSPF+ port

d.lewis01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two of the 6200 fabric interconnects, and I need to connect to a port of the HP 5900 QSPF+ ports, I was thinking of getting one of these cables that QSFP that splits into 4 x 10GB cables.

The HP switch is a full 10GB ethernet switch with 2 x QSFP ports, however Cisco do not look to sell any SPF modules that are Ethernet presentation. So I'm left with the QSFP modules instead.

However I know the UCS is fussy about the transceivers, so I was wondering what is the best QSFP cable to purchase. Because previously when connecting a UCS FI to a HP Switch using 10GB modules, I've had to buy Cisco modules for the UCS FI and HP Modules for the HP Switch.

3 Replies 3

kayukovvalera
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, you can use this one:

QSFP-40G-SR4

40GBASE-SR4, 4 lanes, 850 nm MMF QSFP transceiver nodule with MPO connector

Install in FI6300 Cisco's QSFP40GBASE-SR4 and in HP5900 HP's QSFP 40GBASE-SR4 modules and connect them with MPO cable. 

Hi,

the 6200 series FI's have already been purchased,

I also posted this on reddit. I think the correct solution will be to use the Cisco QSFP+ > 4x10GB cable, connecting the 4x10GB to the FI and the QSPF+ to the HP switch, as the HP switch will take non-HP transceivers, but the UCS will only take genuine Cisco

You must know that the Cisco original transceiver modules are too expensive, so it is advisable for you to have the 100% compatible Cisco transceiver module, I have purchased QSFP-40G-SR4 from FS.COM, and it worked fine. Maybe you can have a try!