Views
Helpful
Replies

How to copy files off of NCS1004 in admin/owner plane

jesper_petersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a file that was created with the "admin show tech-support ncs1004-admin" command.
The resulting file is placed within the admin/owner plane of the device and I need to copy this file to another location.

I only have an SCP server to copy the file to, but the regular scp command is unavailable.
There is only the usual copy command, but it returns an error and I am unsure if my command is correct or something else is wrong:

sysadmin-vm:0_RP0# copy showtech-ncs1004-admin-snip.tgz scp://tempuser@10.22.20.19:/home/tempuser/
Wed Jan 3 09:20:06.390 UTC+00:00
tempuser@10.22.20.19's password:
ERROR: Error occured during copy operation, rc:256
sysadmin-vm:0_RP0#

Am I doing something wrong or is it possible to move this file to the regular non-admin context, so that I can just use Filezilla to download it as I usually do with regular files?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I think you can copy the file to the "non-admin".

Do a dir from admin mode:

dir harddisk: location 0/RP0/CPU0/VM1 -> to see the harddisk: of no-admin.

Copy the file from admin to nonadmin:

copy harddisk:/showtech/xxxxx.tgz harddisk:/showtech/xxxxx.tgz location 0/RP0/CPU0/VM1

(works on nsc5500 XR as well :-))

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check (scp/ssh) logs on 10.22.20.19 when the particular copy command is tried , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

I think you can copy the file to the "non-admin".

Do a dir from admin mode:

dir harddisk: location 0/RP0/CPU0/VM1 -> to see the harddisk: of no-admin.

Copy the file from admin to nonadmin:

copy harddisk:/showtech/xxxxx.tgz harddisk:/showtech/xxxxx.tgz location 0/RP0/CPU0/VM1

(works on nsc5500 XR as well :-))