Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mr. Jagdeesh

Hi, 

Sub: Fiber patch cord specifiation. 

Can any one let me know the right fiber patch cord specification for my newly installing coreswitch with 1G & 10 speed? 

You may also name the some brand names.

Regards

Jag 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes so you need multimode lc-lc om3 and I would go double shielded fibre for strength , unless your distances are really far apart then you may need some single mode , I use the 3 sfps at the bottom of your list there in my network and its all om3 lc-lc connections , your 10gb blades should be able to go 1gb and you shoul[d be able to use glc-sx for fibre or glc-ts for copper connections

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

if its short distance use multi mode fibre OM3 LC - LC any generic brand

you haven't specified what 10gbs sfps your using so there could be other options too , are you using GLC-SX SFPS for the 1GB connections ?

Thank you Mr. Mark, 

Further to this, my new coreswitch has both of 1G & 10G fiber line cards. And has 10GBASE-SR SFP LC Module modules and also  I will be using my old 1G SX SFF LC modules to connect my old field switches. My plan is to buy common patch cable to fit all these different modules/cards/speeds.

My assumption is all 10G compatible cable will also support 1G modules. Secondly 1G SX LC module will also work in 10G card.

By the way my switch specification is as below; 

WS-C4506-E

S45EUK9-S8-38E

C4K-SLOT-CVR-E

C4500E-IP-ES

WS-X45-SUP8-E

WS-X4712-SFP+E

WS-X4724-SFP-E=

PWR-C45-1400AC

PWR-C45-1400AC/2

CAB-CEE77-C19-EU

SFP-10G-SR-S=

GLC-SX-MMD

SFP-10G-SR-S=

Yes so you need multimode lc-lc om3 and I would go double shielded fibre for strength , unless your distances are really far apart then you may need some single mode , I use the 3 sfps at the bottom of your list there in my network and its all om3 lc-lc connections , your 10gb blades should be able to go 1gb and you shoul[d be able to use glc-sx for fibre or glc-ts for copper connections

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card