cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QSFP-40G to 10G

gbraver
Level 1
Level 1

have a 9500-24q which only supports 40G connections.  Need to provide some minimal 10G (SR) connectivity.  How can this be done?  looking to use standard mm om-3 type cables between the devices.

Searching in vein

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ayee
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also trying to figure this one out.  Docs list CVR-QSFP-SFP10G compatibility from codeset 16.8.1.  The modules seem to be detected by the 9500 switch fine, but I can't get connectivity on either standard SR modules, AOC, or twinax to the downstream switches which are typically 3560X.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, there is a break-out cable that converts 40 Gbps to 4 x 10 Gbps.

Go to the TMG page (LINK) and enter the model of the switch.  The supported modules are QSFP-4X10G-LR-S and several of the AOC (up to 10 metres).

ayee
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also trying to figure this one out.  Docs list CVR-QSFP-SFP10G compatibility from codeset 16.8.1.  The modules seem to be detected by the 9500 switch fine, but I can't get connectivity on either standard SR modules, AOC, or twinax to the downstream switches which are typically 3560X.

Upgrade the firmware. 16.8.1 has been "deferred" and replaced with the re-build 16.8.1a.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card