cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 Digit / local extension dialing in SRST

john.heyer
Level 1
Level 1

We have a remote site with phones registered to a central CM. The DNs used are 888555XXXX where XXXX is a 4-digit extension. Under normal circumstances, the users are able to dial the 4-digit extension to reach another phone via a translation pattern in CCM.

When SRST is active however, the 4-digit internal dialing stops working. This is because the dial-peers created by SRST always start with 888555. We'd like to have 4-digit dialing working while SRST is active so the users are not confused.

What is the best way to have this working? I've tried using dialplan-pattern and also translation-profile under call-manager-fallback, but with no luck.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Seems like your phone have 10 digit DNs, right?

The way you can accomplish this is to do "num-exp .... 888555....", keep in mind however that this is a global configuration on the router and will take place while in normal operation as well. So, you would need to remove the TP on CCM that prefixes the 888555 to incoming calls.

I just did an implementation where I did exactly the same thing and works very well. My dial plan is 7 digit plan with 3 digit site code and 4 digit extension. On the GW I have "num-exp 5... 0915..." (my DID range is 5XXX and I get 4 digits from telco), then on CCM I no longer have to do any translation. Kind of kill two birds with one stone.

Hope, this is an option for you....

Chris

Wow, nice. That's a lot simpler than all the working with translation profiles & rules.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: