cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 CMM configuration

rahiable
Level 5
Level 5

We have a 6500 6 port T1 CMM split between 2 Callmanager clusters. Can we configure the CMM for both MGCP and H323.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please explain how you shared the CMM between two clusters cause as far as I know the whole CMM module should be configured with a single IP address and it uses single MGCP backhaul.

The answer to your question is NO.You cannot configure CMM to operate both in MGCP and H323 simultenously.

But you can configure the module to switch from MGCP to H323 incase on a WAN failure when SRST kicks in cause as you know CMM supports SRST upto 480 phones.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arijit

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

I have configured my CMM PRI Port 1/0 for MGCP as my primary PRI connection to my PBX. I then found out that MGCP on the CMM does not support T.38, but h323 did. Since I prefer MGCP over H323 I added a second PRI on port 1/1 using H.323 signaling. I configured my PBX to only route the FAX server DID's across this 2nd h323 PRI and it works.

So port 1/0 is MGCP and port 1/0 is H.323. This would be similar to having an NM-HDV2-2T1 module.. I have 4 PRI ports in my lab and I use 2 ports using MGCP and the other 2 using H.323. Signaling Is port specific.

The post before me is correct saying that ONE Port can't support BOTH MGCP and H323 unless you are using SRST which has an H323 fallback mode.

HTH

Mike

I'm having trouble finding good documentation on the CMM. So if anybody has any good links besides the CMM product page and the CM System Guide I would appreciate it.

Do any of you know if the CMM configured in H.323 mode can register with a gatekeeper? Also, is take back and transfer supported?

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: