Views
Helpful
Replies

7935 resets intermittently

s-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our client have experiencing an intermittent resetting of Cisco 7935 conference station many times. Sometimes, it will reset in the middle of a conversation. We are using CCM 3.1(2C) and the firmware that the 7935 is using is P005S301.

Has anyone of you experience the same kind of problem? Is there any firmware upgrade for the 7935 that is compatible with the CCM version installed? What possible solution you can suggest.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

You should work with Cisco on this. They'll probably have a list of debugs and things for you to check.

shintani
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem, the call gets established, then after a minute I get a couple seconds of 1-way audio then the 7935 reboots.

Mike Shintani

Cap Gemini Ernst & Young

mdybka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before P005T301 the TOS value was not being set by the 7935. So if you are using QOS based on TOS, to make sure control traffic to ip phones is prioritized, this could causeyour problems. After this build level TOS is 5 for control traffic.

The phones exchange keepalives with the CallManager. If three are lost in a row the phone will reset. If the CallManager to phone network path is tight on bandwidth then this might be happening.

You need to download the latest load and put it on the 7935. Read the release notes carefull!! You may have to upgrade the load twice.

Do you suggest that I will load P005T301 to replace the current firmware load? What is probably latest firmware that is compatible and tested with CCM 3.1(2c)?

Regards,

Sherwin