Helpful
Replies

7941 - GN Netcom wireless headset and handset lifter

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Hopefully this is a simple one:

I am testing a wireless headset and handset lifter made by GN Netcom. I can answer one call and use with the headset beautifully. When I hang up (using the headset), the handset lowers and takes the phone off headset mode. The next call can be answered with the headset, but the mic is not active so the caller can not hear me.

What's wrong here? Anyone try this and get it to stay on headset?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Elizabeth,

Hope all is well :) Many people here have had problems with various manufacturers Handset Lifters. The problem, as you have noted is that when the Handset is placed On-Hook by the lifter at the end of the call the Headset port is shut down as well. You need to toggle the Headset Port back on prior to the next call (which is hard to train users to do) We actually gave up on using the lifters altogether :(

I am looking into a great new method of using Wireless Headsets that GN Netcom and Cisco have developed that work with the 7945 and 7965 IP Phones only so far. The GN/Jabra 9350 with an Adaptor Part # 14201-16 (called the HHC Adaptor) which plugs into the Aux Port on the base of the phone allow calls to be answered and disconnected via the Headset without the use of the Lifter!

We are just waiting to order some 7945's and 7965's to fully test this out.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Elizabeth,

Hope all is well :) Many people here have had problems with various manufacturers Handset Lifters. The problem, as you have noted is that when the Handset is placed On-Hook by the lifter at the end of the call the Headset port is shut down as well. You need to toggle the Headset Port back on prior to the next call (which is hard to train users to do) We actually gave up on using the lifters altogether :(

I am looking into a great new method of using Wireless Headsets that GN Netcom and Cisco have developed that work with the 7945 and 7965 IP Phones only so far. The GN/Jabra 9350 with an Adaptor Part # 14201-16 (called the HHC Adaptor) which plugs into the Aux Port on the base of the phone allow calls to be answered and disconnected via the Headset without the use of the Lifter!

We are just waiting to order some 7945's and 7965's to fully test this out.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob!

Thank you for the reply. At least it's not me! I'll get the exact steps down, now that I know this is design intent, and hand over to the receptionist.

I tried the HHC adapter first. It would not answer the call. As per the Hello Direct tech, it should have worked, but brand new with the 79X5's so they were skeptical.

I tested with a 7965 and could not get it to work. They sent me a 2nd one thinking it was defective, but no go. (I have the latest firmware too)

I gave up, sent them back and then tried the old school GN1000. Let me know how you do with it.

~ Liz

Hi Liz,

Interesting info (5 points for your kind reply) We won't get any new phones until July, so one of my first tasks will be to figure this out :) If I haven't heard back from you I will let you know the final results. I'm positive we can get these working.

Take care,

Rob