cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 Factory Reset

rburkholder
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a phone hardcoded with 1932.168.253.254 from the factory. I don't know how that happened. I need to do a factory reset. It has phone load p00305000101. Cisco documents indicate goto time/date screen and do **# to enter change mode then 3, 33 to try a reset. But because it has the wrong address, it is stuck at 'Configuring IP'. I can't get into change configuration mode to do the 'reset'. Are there alternative ways to do a reset or do we send it back? I know on CCM 4.1.3 loads, you can 123456789*0# it, but this isn't a recent enough phone load to do it.

4 Replies 4

prieto.luis
Level 1
Level 1

when the phone is in "Configuring IP" mode, press the Setting Button, Select, Save Exit and More appear on the menu at the bottom, select More and it will give you Restore and Factory. Select Factory and this defualts to Factory settings. Hope this helps.

Luis

Hi Luis,

It doesn't appear to reset the callmanager and admin lan settings. Any other suggestions?

Ray.

Right after pressing the settings key press **# to unlock the phone (you can then press 3 for network settings to check if the lock symbol is locked or unlocked). Now that the phone is unlocked you can edit network settings and turn DHCP back on. Usually playing around with factory/erase options also does the trick but unlocking the phone is key.

svogt
Level 1
Level 1

From your post I can see that you already completed the following:

---snip---

Reset to Factory Default

Complete these steps:

1.Go to the main Date/Time screen.

2.Press **# to unlock Network Configuration on the phone.

3.Press Settings.

4.Press 3 on the keypad (or scroll down) for Network Configuration.

5.Press 33 on the keypad (or scroll down) for Erase Configuration.

6.Press softkey Yes.

7.Press softkey Save.

The phone should now be reset.

---snap---

I guess the phone is configured now for DHCP and is trying to get an ip address.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps154/products_tech_note09186a008009485a.shtml#topic1

Is your phone getting an ip address? Maybe you can check your DHCP server.

Please note that if the tftp service on CCM fails to provide a config file, the phone restarts the config process.