Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 question

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

**I am posting this for an end user**

I am not the administrator of this system – just a remote user.

I am trying to pair a Cisco 7960 phone and a Plantronics  CS351N wireless headset.  I have been unable to get the headset to work unless I  disconnect the handset and plug that cord into the headset base.  I then remove  the handset and I can use the headset.

I have plugged the handset into the jack for the headset and  there is no dial tone.  Can you provide guidance as to how to get the headset to  properly work with this phone using the headset jack on the bottom of the  7960?

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I use a 7960 in my lab and I have a Headset plugged into the phone as well as the hand-set, and it does receive dialtone when I press the HEADSET button (to the left of MUTE).   But mine is not wireless.

Whether that particular model is in good working condition, I am not sure.....

Here is a link to Plantronics and a list that shows all the headsets compatible with typical Cisco IP deskset (794x, 796x, 797x):
http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/productfinder/productlist.jhtml?refresh=all&mftr=CISCOSYSTEMS&_requestid=1559370

I searched for CS351N and it is compatible....  (expensive too; why not use 7921 or 7925?)

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/productfinder/productlist.jhtml?refresh=all&mftr=Cisco&_requestid=3652615

dawahlert
Level 1
Level 1

Cindy,

Did you ever get this working.  We are having the exact same issue with a Plantronics HW261 on a 7942 phone.  I have gone in and enabled the hookswitch, enabled Wideband headset etc.  But still keep getting the same result.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Unfortunately, the customer that I posted the question for never closed the loop to tell me if Steve's response helped her or not. Since it has been over a year an half the links to the Plantronics site above no longer is valid. I did some research on the Plantronics site and your headset is compatible with the 7942C.  If you are still having issues, I suggest you contact Plantronics support to confirm compatibility:http://www.plantronics.com/us/support/

For those that are interested about the original post regarding 7960 and CS351N not working will depend on version of CS351N you have..

If you have CS351N it is not compatible with the Cisco 7960

However if you have CS351N/HL10 it is compatible and should work.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: