Views
Helpful
Replies

About callmanager weight calculation

donghwa.kim
Level 1
Level 1

I have a callmanager with 7825 machine.

And i was registered 500 ip-phones and 200 shoftphones on the callmanager.

My question is follow.

How's calculate weight ?

For example, whether depend on registered device or using device regardless of number of registered devices?

thank you.

3 Replies 3

j.bien
Level 1
Level 1

The capabilities of the Cisco CallManager are based on the available CPU and memory resources. Each device configured has a "weight" which consumes a set amount of these resources. Devices such as gateways, conferencing resources, voice mail, and other applications consume device units according to their relative device weights. Weights for IP phone, DS0 port, transcoding resource, conference resource, TAPE and JTAPI are 1, 3, 3, 3, 20, and 20 respectively. The total device units of all devices configured cannot exceed the maximum device units the Cisco Media Convergence Server (MCS) is capable of supporting. The maximum device units supported by the MCS is based on the server model. The Cisco MCS 7835-1000 supports up to 5000 device units.

I knew your advisement. But the fact that i am anxious is something else.

I don't know whether the weight consume according to registered several devices with each other weights in the callmanager with MCS 78xx ,

or currently it is using devices ?

If you has the document or URL about my question, would you give me ?

It depends on the version of CallManager you are talking about. For instance, in CCM 3.0(X), a JTAPI port or a softphone counted as 20 units. In CCM3.1+, it counts as 3. However, it seems that CCM4 has eliminated the concept of device weights in favor of a Capacity Planning Tool (which seems like a good idea) that only Cisco Employees have access to (which seems like less of a good idea). If you have CCM4, talk to your Cisco Rep.

For Pre-CCM4 weights, take a look in the design guides at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns165/ns268/networking_solutions_design_guidances_list.html

and search for the word weight.