cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Direcotry integration fails

briley
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do the Active Directory integration with CCM 4.1.3 with a windows 2003 domain. Every time I go to start the proccess I get "Fail to be authenticated to the Active Direcotry Server to modify schema". I know I am putting in the username and password information correctly and I have followed the documents but I am not able to get this to work. What else am I missing?

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think that this is your problem.

If the Microsoft Active Directory server is not set to 1 or if the plugin fails to read the registry key, a dialog box asks you to ensure that the registry entry has been set properly. Make sure that the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Schema Update Allowed is set on the Microsoft Active Directory Server to 1. This allows write access to the schema on that server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a00800b5dff.html#25647

nope tried that first. anything else?

You can look at the installation log to see if there is a hint to the problem:

C:\dcdsrvr\log\PluginSetup.trc

You can post it also.

During the plugin setup the CCM server attempts to log into the schema master server you specified to read the registry key you set. This is likely failing causing the above error. This trace file will show this.

You can use a packet capture to see the failure also.

Kevin

Just to be sure that is not a problem of user right, use the domain admin user.

Thanks for everyones input. It had to do with SMB signing on the AD domain controller. Turned this off and everything worked fine.