cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding digits on the end of dialed number?

blcase
Level 1
Level 1

What would be the best way to add digits to the end a dialed number to match against a dial peer? For example, customer is using CCME and wants to add an LD Code at the end of dialed long distance numbers, so a dialed number of 917135551212 would turn into 917135551212,456 - with 456 being the LD Code. I figure I would need the comma to insert a pause in the dialing - is this a correct assumption? This is CCME, so I can only do this in IOS, not in Call Manager. I have found several examples on prepending digits, but nothing on adding digits after the fact. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

LD code will be the first followed by the number

No, that's not true in this case, when the carrier sees a long distance number, it prompts for a code if one isn't present.

so, how do I add digits of the end of a dialed string?

Can you use a translation rule? I am not 100 percent clear on how you are trying to do this, are you trying to append the dialed digits by the phone to match a specific peer? or do you just need to append the matched peer with more digits to pass to the telco to signal call type?

I'm sure I need to use a translation rule -- the problem is I'm having a hard time finding a document that CLEARLY explains what each symbol used in translation rule do. so when I try to write a rule, I'm just guessing. For example, I know this rule " /^210\(.*\)/ /9\1/ " says strip the 210 and add a 9...but what do all the slashs and brackets mean? And if I can add a 9 at the beginning, why can't I do it at the end?

all I simply want to do is add 2 or 3 digits to a long distance number at the place them at the end of the number...before or after the dial-peer really doesn't matter to me. So, if I dialed 913257771212 and my long distance PIC code is 111, then the carrier needs to see 13257771212111 (the 9 is stripped off by the dial-peer anyway).

Well here

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080325e8e.shtml

this has all you ever wanted to know and then some... after reading this I am not so sure that suffix digits are possible with translation patterns, if we were using a CCM that would change this dynamic, but with CCME we are quite a bit more limited on what options we have. The only place where I have heard of suffix digits is wh en doing loopback call routing. Read through that doc and see if you can find anything helpful, ill see what I can come up with.

Thanks! This should help.

Let me know if you get it to work, I spoke with TAC and they told me post digit stripping/adding is not possible. So it doesnt look good.