cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog DID, no digits collected

jbouwkamp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with a 1760-v 12.3(8)T router using a 4 port FXS/DID card with the ports in DID wink start mode. Calls made to the DID ports do not receive any digits (both debug voice ccapi inout and debug vtsp all show no digits being collected and normal cause code 16 disconnection) but Telco claims everything is setup correctly and has even went to the site with test equipment to verify. The router is using standard VOIP / POTS dial peers and I have identicle configs running at this same customers other locations so I know it is not a dial-peer error, I have quadruple checked them! Only difference is this is a Verizon Circuit and the others are SBC. I have also tried immediate and delay DID signaling on the ports and that did not resolve the problem either. Anyone have any thoughts on what the issue may be or ran across a similar problem? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

Check if you have configured the command dial-type dtmf under the voice-port. If that is done, then it could be a physical layer problem.

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

I ran into something similar, I think it's a bug somewhere. I had to remove the port command from the dial-peer i was using for the DID port. This corrected the issue, although I have no idea why, thats why I assume it's a bug.

JIM SWEEDEN
Level 4
Level 4

I have ran into this issue.  The CO was sending the digits, but they were not well received by the

card.  I had a DTMF digit grabber inline with the circuit.  I was only seing some of the digits.  It tu

rned out that there were certain hardware revisions of the CO side circuit board that were incompatible with our

DID card.  I am having a similar issue today.  I am replacing a working 2811 with a new

2911.  The analog DID circuits work great with the 2811, the 2911 sees no incoming digits.

A tip to help troubleshoot.  Hook a phone or a butt-set to the analog DID port.  Go off-hook.  You wont hear dial-tone, but you can dial digits.  This will validate your configuration and isolate an issue with the CO.