Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant as Hunt Group Member

baryonyx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a customer using CM 3.1 and Unity 2.46 135. They have a department that would like their main number to ring to a hunt group (no webattendant). If both extensions in the hunt group are busy they would like the call to go to the department Auto Attendant. I've created a call handler in Unity for this purpose and assigned it an extension. I then made a bogus device in CM with that extension and added it as the last extension in the hunt group. If I dial this extension manually it forwards the call to the autoattendant but if the call comes through the hunt group the call goes to the main Unity opening greeting (which is used by another dept. in the organization). It seems that CM is not forwarding the Voice Mail ext to Unity when the call comes through the hunt group. Is this a bug, or is there another way I could do this?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Whenever a call is placed to CallManager (in this case it is actually a transfer from the Unity AA) and it forwards through one or more number hops and then comes back to Unity, the mailbox that will be reached is the first number that was rang. In other words, if the AA transfers the call to 1001 and that does a CFNA to 1002, then 1003, then 1004, then back to Unity, then you will get the mailbox for 1001 and not 1004.

I see... Since the call is coming in on a number that does not have a mailbox associated with it, the call is getting forwarded to the default opening greeting. I'll change the extension on the Call Handler I want it to go to and see if that helps.

Thanks