cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Background image on 7970

mx
Level 1
Level 1

Im trying to get a background image on a 7970 phone. I created the image, and scaled it correctly 320x212 and the thumbnail is 80x53, both have a color depth of 256 colors. I put the images in the correct directory on our call manager server C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\Desktops\320x212x12 and named them bground.png and bground_t.png.

I edited the list.xml file to reflect the new images but they are not recognized when I go to the phone and select a new background.

Is there anything I have to do with the admin section of call manager? am I missing something?

Bonus question:

Trying to get an idle image on it is just as bad for me. I used the sdk, created a logo.xml file, and put it in the right directory. I gave it an idle timeout of 10 seconds. I push that info to that particular phone in the admin section of call manager and reset the phone.

Now after 5 seconds (my timeout is 10!) it goes to a blank screen and says "Select services..." ??? If I go into the phone config, and check the idle url, it is correct.

Thanks for any tips!!

bob

6 Replies 6

frazier24
Level 1
Level 1

Restart the TFTP Service

Yes, thank you!!!! That was it :)

if only that had worked for me

the background is available from with the user preferences, but i am unable to apply via the idle field

converted the image from png to gif

used gif2cip to convert to xml file

placed that path inc file name to idle

set idletime to 15sec

restarted the tftp server & phone

now i just get the screen asking me what service, but none are listed.

checking phone config, it does have correct settings applied, but not happening

HELP!!!!!

this might be silly question

I had a logo running no problem when the phone goes idle and such.

But is there anyway to just have the phone display a background logo all the time, i mean as part of the native background... sort of like uploading to the phone to always use when it boots to display.. not service related?

The first poster is doing exactly that!

er umm.. thanks

feeling silly now!!!