Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Gateway for outgoing calls

qvist-a
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have two Callmanager 4.02 system with there own Gateway. Between this I have setup Inter-Cluster Trunk (Non-Gatekeeper Controlled). So it´s possible to dial direct over ip between the two system.

Now I want the Gateway on the second system to bee fail over Gateway for the first system. Step 1 just for outgoing calls.

Regards,

Anders

Sweden

6 Replies 6

dandis
Level 1
Level 1

Is this a multi or a distributed cluster setup

I think you call the setup multi, because it´s two different cluster.

/Anders

dweiner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to add the ICT route group to your outgoing route list. Just make sure to keep all digits (no discard) when going to the ICT as the call will be 're-dialed' by the ICT on the other end. Also pay attention to the CSS you have assigned to the ICT on the distant end - it needs enough calling permission to place any call you send to it.

Thank´s for good help!

Now it´s partly working. One problem was the CSS on the ICT.

I did not tell that booth Gateways are connected to a Meridian 81 and dialing to Meridian phones through ICT is now working but not further to PSTN. I get timeout ton from Meridian.

Any more help?

The ICT call should behave the same as a call from an IP phone at that site. Are IP phones to PSTN working at the remote site?

Yes, the phones on remote side is working and can dial PSTN. The PSTN prefix is 00.

I have some feeling that the digits are not redialed on the remote side in the right way.

If I dial to PSTN 00xxxxxx (PSTN phone) I get timeout from Meridian. But if I put in some moore random digits after 00xxxxxx I get out to PSTN! So far only managed with my random digits to get PSTN bussy ton ore PSTN automatic voice massage.