cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic QOS configuration for voice and video

krutibasa majhi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,I have a 8Mbps MPLS link and i have to configured 20% bandwidth for voice and video . How can i test this whether it is working or not kindly suggest and please share the configuration template .

thanks

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

QoS only takes effect when there is congestion, so, to test it, you need to create some congestion on your link.  Try doing a couple of large file transfers and or FTP sessions across the link at the same time as your test call and see what happens.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Another way, would be to inspect the policy-map counters, even if the link is not congested. What type of equipment is your WAN/SP edge?

For example, you could use sh policy-map <inf_id> to inspect a policy map's class counters (to see if packets are matched on the voice/video classes) and sh mls qos interface <inf_id> statistics to see if you properly receive COS/DSCP tagged packets.

If packets you have packets matches, then you can monitor during the day to see if the thresholds defined on the voice/video class are overrun.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: