cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Branch IP Central

igor.sotelo
Level 1
Level 1

I need to install an IP central at the branch offices of the company. I dont know exactly what hardware and software do I need:

I have a list here, that would like to ask someone if we are missing something:

+ 01 Router Cisco Systems 1760-V router with Cisco Call Manager Express Feature Licence, 32F/128D

+ 01 VIC Dual Port FXO Card (for PSTN)

+ 10 Cisco 7940G phones

+ 10 Cisco Call Manager Express Licences

+ 10 Transformators for 7940G Phones

+ 01 Cisco ATA-188 (for Fax)

+ 01 Cisco CCME licence for single SCCP analog port

Can something tell me if I need something additional, like DSP, licence, or anything in order to have IP telephony functionality.

Also, would like to know if the CCME (Cisco Call Manager Express) can integrate without problems with Cisco Call Manager - Unity, based on Windows, we are projecting at our central office.

Thanks in advance,

Igor Sotelo.

1 Reply 1

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Your H/W looks good. Remote sites will have the capability to connect 2 pots lines using the VIC card. Its recommended to use VIC2-2FXO as VIC-2FXO are EOL. You will have to configure VoIP dial-peers to send calls to CM server sitting at central office. Also CME can integrate with Unity for Voice Mail (not unified messaging). Also regarding DSPs, you will be getting a factory installed PVDM-256k-4 chip installed. If you are installing more than one analog VIC ports, you will need to upgrade the DSP chip on it. Check this link for DSP upgrade requirements..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007e2ec.html

To my knowledge, you do not need any more licenses..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus