cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward multiple lines from 7960

c3max
Level 4
Level 4

Is there an IP service (or something else) that I could use to allow my customers with multiple lines on a 7960 to be able to ForwardAllCalls for individual lines to another extension?

3 Replies 3

Bernhard Albler
Spotlight
Spotlight

yes, you'll find the IPPhone Callforwarder utility here:

http://www.myvoipsource.org/

register and download the tool

regards

bernhard

I'm new to Cisco IP telephony (in fact, we're not yet users of it but we're researching it) and I want to make sure I understand this question.

Without this Callforwarder utility, users can't choose which lines are forwarded? Is this true for all types of shared lines?

In our current TDM environment, I have appearances of my manager, the VP of our department, our CTO, our senior network security analyst, and various voice and data technicians. I think they would all get very irritated with me if I were to forward my primary extension and their lines got forwarded, as well.

Am I misunderstanding the problem that the Callforwarder utility is solving?

Thanks,

John

John,

Don't worry, it works as you expect. Out of the box once can only forward the primary line directly on the phone (all lines are available in the web interface). You only forward individual lines, so you can of course forward you phone without affecting others. If you want to make extensive use of blf functionality i would suggest you use a utility such as andphone (www.andtek.com) which allows you to do a busy lamp field for up to 9 lines even on a 7940

regards

-bernhard