cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forward option in 7960

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with multiple line appearance on 7960 phone. The problem is that his second line is shared with his secretary, and the first line is a personal line. Customer wants to be able to forward his second line to receptionist if the secretary is not available. I can do this from CCM User, but not manually from the phone as manually it only allows to forward only the first line appearance.

Any solution.

2 Replies 2

ptredway
Level 1
Level 1

At this point, there is no ability to control CFA state from the ip phone on anything other than the primary line. CCMUser webpage is a valid option...though from your description IPMA may be a better fit.

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have heard of some third party tools to accomplish this. As far as I know these are not supported by Cisco. I found this previous post on the Netpro forum:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20End%20Users&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd8a52b

You might search other posts or maybe even search google to find other alternatives. The only Cisco provided options is to use the CCMUser or CCMAdmin web pages to set forwarding for Line 2.

Kevin