cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler Questions

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi:<br><br>I am running Unity 3.1.3 and I am trying to set up the following situation.<br><br>Each department would like to the have the option when a caller has entered a users mailbox greeting to 0 out to the department receptionist.<br><br>I have used the built in Operator Call Handler to create a global 0 out, but do not know how to get the above situation to work, with multiple independent 0 outs. Also there will not be a need to have global 0 out, just these department 0 outs.<br><br>thanks for your help<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

The way to do this is to create seperate call handlers for each department (they do not need extension numbers, just a transfer number to right the right phone I assume). For each group of users just map the 0 key on their user input section to their local operator. You can use the Bulk Edit utility to help with this... you can map large groups of subscribers' 0 key to their local area operator call handler.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I found one thing that I was missing to make it work. When you choose the Call Handler, there is a option to "Send to greeting", or "Attempt to Transfer". The second one is what I needed to use.