Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler's recording limit

m.berbiche
Level 1
Level 1

Unity release: 4.0.(4)

Is there a way to programm a limit in a call handler, the maximum that we can record is 2:00minutes, Could you notify me please.

In the configuration , there is no parameter for Call Handler's recording.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you mean messages or greetings?

The system limit for both is 20 minutes and is configurable using the Unity Advanced Settings tool (if you don't have it you can get it from www.ciscounitytools.com under all downloads)

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for your response, I meant Greeting's lenght in a Call Handler. I verified in the Unity Advanced Settings, the prompt value is: 120,000ms. I created a new call Handler, I recorded a greeting all the way to the limit which was 1min:30secs. I cannot record more then 1min:30secs. Do you any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yup - there's also a limit set on the CoS of whichever user you're logged in to the SA as (presuming you are recording from the SAweb?)

If you've not played with CoS before and it's all at default you should be able to change it by going into CoS, find the default administrator class, and go to greeting... here the greeting length limit is set to 90...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

As you suggested, I changed the parameter in the administrator COS , greeting limit up to 180secs. In fact, I was able to record more than 1min:30secs via the media master on the Web Page. But consequently I was able to record more than the parameter, I was able to record up to 7min:52secs. I just want to reiterate that I want to record in a Call Handler not a subscriber, from my understanding the COS is associated with a subscriber not a Call Handler. Also, our policy doesn't allow the user to record from the Web page, I created a greeting administrator to allow the users to record from the telephone and . The value in the parameter doesn't have any effect in the lenght of the recording from the telephone , it's still allow only 1min:30secs.

Thanks again.

The cos applies to whatever user is making changes in the system - so if you make the change from the phone it will be the CoS of whatever subscriber is making the changes to the call handler...

Do you have many classes of service? If you just have the two change both ...