Views
Helpful
Replies

caller-id command not available on 2610

gregsporton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've got a 2610 running 12.2(28a) IP PLUS. It have a NM-2V with one FXO and one FXS card. I've read through alot of imformation now saying caller-id shoule be available on the FXO (I'm running H.323) but the command 'caller-id enable' is not available in global config or on the FXO Voice-port!!

It does appear under the FXS voice port but I don't need it there. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Greg.

!

voice-port 1/0/0

cptone AU

timeouts call-disconnect 5

timeouts wait-release 5

connection plar opx 2000

!

voice-port 1/0/1

cptone AU

!

voice-port 1/1/0

cptone AU

caller-id enable

!

voice-port 1/1/1

cptone AU

!

dial-peer cor custom

!

!

!

dial-peer voice 201 voip

destination-pattern 2000

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:172.16.2.100

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port 1/0/0

!

2600(config)#caller-id ?

% Unrecognized command

2600(config)#caller-id

2600(config)#voice-port 1/0/0

2600(config-voiceport)#caller-id ?

% Unrecognized command

2600(config-voiceport)#caller-id

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

If you have the original, old VIC-2FXO it won't do caller ID. You would need the VIC-2FXO-M1 (or M2, or M3 depending on your locale). You should be able to tell which you have simply by looking at the label on the VIC. I think you can also tell from 'show diag' if you don't have physical access to the router. The next-generation VIC2-[2,4]FXO cards both support caller ID but are not supported on the old NM-2V.

The NM-2V and older generation VICs cannot be ordered after mid-August of this year, so if this is something you really need, you should get a VIC-2FXS-M[1,2,3] ordered up right away. After that, you are going to be very low on options for new voice interfaces on the original 2600-series router platform.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_eol_notice0900aecd80234f41.html

rbarrantes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Greg:

I think the feature caller-id enable works fine in a new model of FXO cards. That cards are called VIC-2FXO-M1.

Regards

Rafael