cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-Name display on IP Phone

erik.stillman
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for an incoming call to be checked against a user's "My Speed Dials" or the CCM Corporate Directory? The reason we ask is that if the Caller-ID matches the number in either location then we would like to display the "name" as it has been entered in either place.

This would work like a cell phone - if the calling party's caller-ID matched a number in the phone's directory then the phone would display the calling party's name as the call came in.

Thanks for your help. Even if not possible that would be good to know.

Erik.

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

CallManager only supports the Name field if it is in the Display IE and not the Facility IE(information element). Most Telco's put the name in the facility IE. Once you verify that the name is in the display IE you just need to make sure that "display IE delivery" is checked on the gateway configuration page....

Not entirely true. As of CallManager 3.3.3 Facility IE is supported. I've used it. Only wierd thing about it is that all the names seem to come in all caps. One other note, the names do not get stored anywhere in the CDR table.

Anyone any idea if this is also fixed in Callmanager 4.0? I need caller's name displayed and currently using 3.3(2).