cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling number in Forwarded calls

MARTIN IVAN
Level 1
Level 1

I have inbounds calls from PSTN to h323 gateway coming via CCM to ip phone, where they are forwarded to PSTN number. Is possible to set up CCM to allow me to see the first calling number of the caller from PSTN before forwarding, not that one i got after forwarding?

Thanks,

martin

3 Replies 3

jolaaves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Martin,

To get the scenario straight in my mind, we have a call coming from the PSTN, gets routed through the IP network, and then back out though the PSTN toward the final destination, and its desired to see the original CallerID? My initial hunch is currently that isn't possible, as the gateway or CallManager would have to dynamically change its outgoing CallerID to accomodate whoever calls.

I'll look into it and see, because it would be cool if it could dynamically change the CallerID based on certain criteria.

John Olavesen

Cisco Systems

Can you share what have you found out?

Martin

I have this working in a few places and not working in others. It basically depends on your PRI and carrier. Typically you cannot change calling party number to be anything that is not in your DID block for that PRI (Basically you cannot manipulate the calling party number). I think this is the law actually for 911 reasons, etc. However, some carriers seem to be less picky as far as this goes.

1. Make sure you do not have the calling party number in your gateway/pri setup.

2. Secondly create a CallForward-CSS and a CallForward-PRTN (partition). Place only the CallForward-PRTN in the CSS.

3. Create a route pattern (9.@ w/ route filter, 9.847XXXXXXX, etc)

4. Place the Route Pattern in the CallForward-PRTN and put 10 X's in the "Calling Party Transform Mask"

5. On your phones, give the Call Forward All the CallForward-CSS.

Now, when someone forwards their call it will match your callforward route pattern, and send the original calling party number. Remember though this is purely based on your carrier allowing you send any phone number as calling party number on your PRI.