Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager failover

cisco4me
Level 1
Level 1

To all gurus,

I have the following 2 questions regarding when the Publisher went down, but the subscriber is fine:

1) I have to physcially get all the client PCs to re-install the softphone again for it to work. But once it is re-installed, the softphones can talk to the subscriber fine. The error I got is: Can't control Cisco Address Line [Connie](2301)

2) Is there any way we can put in a redundant IP for the Cisco Attendant Console. Otherwise whenever the Publisher went down, the receptionist will need to manually re-point their console to the subscriber for the console to work.

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

For Softphones, use version 4.6(1) or higher. For Attendant Console, you have to manually repoint to Subcriber CallManager.

jerake
Level 1
Level 1

As far as #2, I believe you point the Attendant Consoles to whatever CCM the attedant's physical phone is registered to...at least, that's what I do, and they happen to be our subscriber CCM's.

Also, the TCD service is redundant; the following explains things much better than I could:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_2/ccmfeat/fsccmac.htm#wp1144934

TMH