cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anyone explain relationship b/w public distribution lists & Exch 5.5?

dsiwa
Level 1
Level 1

Not making much headway through my TAC case, hoping to get some ideas on what our problem could be.

We have Unity/Exch5.5 deployed across 3 sites--Frame Relay cloud separating the sites. The problem we're encountering is, public distribution lists are no longer sychronizing between the sites. The same PDL on all 3 Unity servers can have different number of recipients, or different recipients all together.

Back when everything was sync'd up, PDL add/changes/deletions were performed on SITE-A's Unity SysAdmin and changes would propogate to SITE-B & SITE-C. We were able to add subscribers from all three sites to any PDL. Today...

- if you try to add a subscriber to an existing PDL, only local subscribers are found

- if you create a new PDL from SITE-A, other two sites don't see it in SysAdmin nor can it be selected from a local IP phone (via option 2, 'Send a Msg')

- if you delete a PDL from any site, it reappears again if a subsequent search is performed

Digital networking also seems to be a little off, but not as bad as the PDLs. If I add recipients via Unity phone prompts...

- from a SITE-A phone, can add subscribers by name OR number from SITE-B but NOT SITE-C

- from a SITE-B phone, can add subscribers by name OR number from SITE-A & SITE-C

- from a SITE-C phone, can add subscribers by name OR number at SITE-A & SITE-B

We only recently noticed the issue with the PDLs so we can't pinpoint what Unity or Exchange change(s) could have caused this problem.

1) Can someone explain the Unity/Exch 5.5 relationship of these three registry setting?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ActiveVoice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\Locations\SearchRoot

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ActiveVoice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\MailUsers\SearchRoot

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ActiveVoice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchEx55\1.00\DistributionLists\SearchRoot

2) Given our Exch 5.5 heirarchy, what should the SearchRoot be set to?

Company

|

SITEAEXCHANGE

|

-RECIPIENTS

- (all SITE-A Subscribers)

|

- DISTRIBUTIONLISTS

- (44 PDLs plus 1 new one found)

|

SITEBEXCHANGE

|

-RECIPIENTS

- (all SITE-B Subscribers)

|

- DISTRIBUTIONLISTS

- (0 PDLs found)

|

SITECEXCHANGE

|

-RECIPIENTS

- (all SITE-C Subscribers)

|

- DISTRIBUTIONLISTS

- (0 PDLs found)

3) Can these changes be backed out easily enough?

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

The value for those three keys needs to be set to o=Company so that Digital Networking can work between these site.

This doc explains the requirement and the settings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_and_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008011a58e.html#1215712

If you needed to remove the keys you could but it is a requirement so you won't need to do that.

Let me know if you have other questions...

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

Thanks for the info. I used that link to modify the registry setting on my SITE-A server; set it to the top organization (o=Company) like my other 2 servers. Everything looks much better, however, new

PDLs created from SITE-A still cannot be accessed from SITE-B or SITE-C.

To see if it makes any difference, I'm gonna try modifying the 'Distribution List' searchroot on my SITE-B & SITE-C servers to: cn=DistributionLists,cn=Recipients,ou=SITEAEXCHANGE,o=Company

Company

|

SITEAEXCHANGE

|

-RECIPIENTS

- (all SITE-A Subscribers)

|

- DISTRIBUTIONLISTS

- (44 PDLs plus 1 new one found)

Could system upgrade have changed these setting to the default? Can imagine what could have changed these settings.