Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't send FAX

i.way
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using a Stone voice server that integrates with CCME for voice mail, fax etc. The problem is that I can't send faxes (receiving is OK). The fax call gets to the correct dial-peer but seems not to go any further?

Attached is the router config and the dial-peer debug.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Ian Way

4 Replies 4

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

There are 2 H323 call legs per router, incoming and outgoing. You are matching the correct incoming VOIP peer, but are you matching the POTS peer?

I would try changing the destination patterns to be more specific, in order to eliminate the interdigit timeout imposed by the T. Perhaps the server is timing out before the call setup is complete.

I am also wondering why you are sending a 0 plus number to the PSTN. Not sure where you are at, but in the US that would result in an operator being involved. That might be OK for human users, but problematic for fax servers.

Please rate helpful posts.

Hello,

I have removed the, secondary-dialtone 0

num-exp xxx... ...

destination-pattern 0T

Lines and replace the destination-pattern in the pots dial-peer with the exact number of the fax machine that I'm trying to send to.

I also added a VOIP dial-peer,

dial-peer voice 3 voip

description Incomming Fax from PSTN

destination-pattern 834

session target ipv4:192.168.3.1:1721

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711alaw

fax rate 14400

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback cisco

no vad

I can now send between the two internal numbers 832 & 834, but still not to the outside Fax????

Attached is the debug from the working internal transmission.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

Ian

If the outside calls are matching both peers, try a debug isdn q931 to see if the call setup on the PRI is failing.

I have a solution but have no idea how it works I have to use a translation rule to add an "8" to the fax number it then goes to the correct dialpeer ???????

See attached config.

If you can find out why this works or if there is a better solution please let me know.

Thanks

Ian