Views
Helpful
Replies

CANNOT GET TONE ON HOLD FOR VOICEMAIL PORT - CCM BUG ALL VERSION

5mgagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cannot get the UNITY VoiceMail port to use tone on hold instead of the default music on hold source.

There is no setting on a VoiceMail Port (CCM 3.3) to permit end-user to setup the network and/or user music on hold and/or MRGL

If you set MRGL on DevicePool with an MRGL who doesnt contain any MOH Server Ressource. UNITY STILL use the default MOH.

Havent had time to get detailled trace about this issue yet. I guess it's more than easy to reproduce.

Or, i'm just maybe doing something wrong.

If someone get trougth this. Tell Me...

thanks

Martin

3 Replies 3

jlittlejohn
Level 1
Level 1

I can't remember if 3.3 has a the following service paramenter, but if you go under the service parameters to CallManager service, there is a parameter called DefaultNetworkHoldMOHAudioSourceID. It defaults to 1 which is that elevator music. If you set it to some source ID that you don't have, like 10, then you should get tone on hold. Hope that helps.

kseraphine
Level 5
Level 5

Just to add my 2 cents..

Setting the DefaultNetworkHoldMOHAudioSourceID will accomplish this but it will also cause you to get MohNoMoreResourcesAvailable errors in the event log every time Unity invokes a hold. That can get annoying real quick. I don't think there's any way to stop it from happening though.

I worked around by adding a "silent" MOH Audio Source, and I applied this to the device pool used for those voicemail port.

I had hard time with TAC to get them understand how MRGL and MRG was working.

So, the eng. told me he have been able to get it work, when unity was onhold. but I'm a little sceptics there. since, on 3 differents clusters. This has never worked.

Anyway.. I closed my ticket with the use of "silence.wav" ;)

Martin