cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAR: users not being billed

p21
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CAR 4.1.(0.5) and when I do a dept report for all users about 20% of the users have zero for calls made and I know this is not the case. The proper phone is accociated with the user in the CM user adatbase (Not using active directory just CM database) Yet when I do a report in CDR search bu users I can see calls. Chw can I get the missing info for the users

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

1. What is the latest record in the CDR database? If it has records for the current date then there is no issue with the CDR insert and the service parameter. If not then you need to check why the CDR is not getting logged in the CDR database.

2. If the CDR database is getting updated then the next thing to check if is the ART database getting updated.. therefore check the latest record there. The table that needs to be checked is "tbl_billing_data". If the records are not getting from CDR to ART then troubleshoot the issue here? Else, we know the call is getting to the ART database.

3. Now to know if call (test call) gets associated with the user,

open the ART db in SQL: tbl_billing_data -> Find the test call record in the table and look at the "User_id" field. See what user is associated with this call.

i. If there is no user associated then make sure that this phone is assoicated with a user in DC or Active directory, if not then do so ... once this is done new calls would be logged properly.

ii. If the call is associated with a different user then check to see if this phone is associated with more than one user in the directory (AD/DC). If this is so then ART will not report the calls correctly. If you have CallManager 4.x there is a workaround been built-in, wherein, a user id field is available on the phone configuration page itself. Now if the phone is associated with multiple users in DC/AD directory then the user id on the phone config page would take preference for deciding the ART user id.