cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 3.3(3) to 4.1(2) upgrade to new servers

gturrubiusr
Level 1
Level 1

Jsut wanted to see if anyone knows if configuring a new server 4.0(2) then upgrading to 4.1(2) or 4.1(3) and then restoring with BARS from the 3.3(3) server is possible with a different server name and IP?

Would I need to configure the serevr to 3.3(3) restore BARS data to new hardware and then upgrade server to 4.0(2), 4.1(2) and then to 4.1(3)?

I'm just guessing the latter is the soultion, any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Option 1 might create problems, as the IP addresses are different. Build the 3.3.3, restore it, (keeping same IP), upgrade to 4.02 or higher, and then change the IP. Thats what I would recommend.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

patrick.murphy
Level 1
Level 1

I just did this same upgrade last week:

1) Backup PUb with BARS.

2) Install OS and CM333 on new PUB.

3) Restore BARS.

4) Upgrade to 4.1.2

5) Patch

6) Do new Sub.

Change the IP address after 4.1.2 upgrade, but don't change the machine name....it could hose your machine.

Patrick

Patrick,

Should I start the server build with a different IP from that of the old server and leave the server name the same as the old server? Won't that still conflict with the old server name on the network?

Or are you saying this is an offline build on a isolated network?

Thanks

You should keep the ip address and name same through out the installation. You can change the ip address if you wish to, after restoring publisher's database on the newly built 3.3.3 machine.

All this can be done offline on an isolated network.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Patrick, I have tried to install 3.3.4 on a new server HP server that is Cisco compatible to run 4.1(2) but the software does not like the hardware on the hardware detection side even though I installed 4.12 on it previously. Is there a limitation on the software that it will install on lower grade hardware and not the new servers? Is it that 4.12 or 4.02 will only install on the newer hardware?

What are the limitation if any.

Thanks in advance