cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1 Alerting Name Issue

tmaurello_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have about 400 phones in production. They were added using the BAT tool. The Display Name was populated, but the new Alerting Name field was not. The Alerting Name is only supposed to affect shared lines. According to the docs, if the Alerting Name field is blank, the system will use the Display Name. Well, this is not the case. It only displays the name once the call is connected. While it is ringing, it just shows the number.

Is there any way to update the 400+ lines, without deleting them and readding them, so that the Alerting Name is populated with the Display Name information. Is there a CCM Service Parameter that may affect the way these fields are used? Any info is appreciated. I really don't want to go back and manually modify 400 lines one-by-one.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The begin, commit and rollback transaction is for fallback. So for whatever reason if you want to undo the changes you can rollback.

To use these transactions include the begin transaction with the query. After running the query run the commit transaction. If you want to go back to original run the rollback transaction.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

clsalaza
Level 1
Level 1

Is true that the display name will be used for alterning if the call is intracluster and without any other instance implicated (i.e. pbx). Otherwise you will need the alerting name if you do not want only the number to be shown.

see i.e.... http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00802b434f.html#wp2080299

"If you do not configure an Alerting Name, only the directory number displays on the calling party phone when alerting occurs."

If this is not your case then check all the parameter of call display, maybe there's something misconfigured there, althoug i doubt it (this can be altered from bat)..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00802b434f.html#wp2080299

Rather than that, you will need to configure by hand all of them. Let us know.....

I ran a SQL query to copy the Caller Display name to the Alerting name.

Let me know if you want me to post it.

Yes...please post it!!

Where did you run your query? Locally on the publisher, or did you attach the tables and run it with an external application. I'm assuming you only need to run it against the publisher and the changes will replicate.

Thanks in advance.

-- This query will display all the records

SELECT NumPlan.AlertingName, DeviceNumPlanMap.Display

FROM NumPlan INNER JOIN DeviceNumPlanMap

ON NumPlan.pkid = DeviceNumPlanMap.fkNumPlan

AND Numplan.AlertingName Is Null

AND DeviceNumPlanMap.Display Is Not Null

AND DeviceNumPlanMap.Display != 'Voicemail'

-- This query will carry out the copying

-- begin transaction

UPDATE NumPlan

SET AlertingName = DeviceNumPlanMap.Display

FROM DeviceNumPlanMap

WHERE DeviceNumPlanMap.fkNumPlan = NumPlan.pkid

AND Numplan.AlertingName Is Null

AND DeviceNumPlanMap.Display Is Not Null

AND DeviceNumPlanMap.Display != 'Voicemail'

-- commit transaction

-- rollback transaction

The first query will display all the records and second query will carry out the changes.

I ran the query on the Publisher and as you said the changes will relicate to other subscribing SQL servers.

Thank you very much. If I cannot get my customer to own the changes, I will consider this option. I don't like to modify the SQL directly, so this is my last option.

I'm assuming that you run this query in the Query Analyzer. Please confirm.

Can you clarify the begin transaction, commit transaction, and rollback transaction comments. Are these functions that I need to activate within the query somehow?

Thanks again.

The begin, commit and rollback transaction is for fallback. So for whatever reason if you want to undo the changes you can rollback.

To use these transactions include the begin transaction with the query. After running the query run the commit transaction. If you want to go back to original run the rollback transaction.

Thanks.