cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1 subscriber install

jsstubbs
Level 1
Level 1

I have a publisher and subscriber running CCM4.1(3). The subscriber hardware required replacement. In trying to reinstall CCM on the subscriber it fails becasue I must first install CCM 4.1(2) then upgrade it to CCM4.1(3) due to the CDROM media that I have I cannot directly install 4.1(3).

Is there a way to build the subscriber as a publisher upgrade it to 4.1(3) then make it a subscriber for my existing Publisher? Or is there another method of rebuilding it?

4 Replies 4

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

I don't think there is any way to build the subscriber as a publisher, upgrade it to 4.1(3) then make it a subscriber for your existing Publisher

How can you migrate publisher into subscriber?

Is this "way" supported by TAC after that!

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

The easiest way is to install the subscriber as 4.1(3). You already have the software to do this. Simply copy the contents of the 4.1(2) new install CD onto the C:\TEMP\ directory of the publisher. Replace the .CD1 and .CD2 files with those from the 4.1(3) CD (not the installer exe!) and simply run setup.

You will need to uninstall any service releases from the publisher in order for this to work. The publisher version must match a clean 4.1(3) install.

ananddiwakar
Level 1
Level 1

I really do not have any answer here but a similar question.

Have a cluster running 4.0(2a)es30.1 Now if I have to add a subscriber to this cluster, how do I go about it. I was trying this in my lab. A cluster with 7 servers is running on 4.0(2a)es30.1. While trying to add a new subscriber, installation always fails. Is there anything I am overlooking or is it that this will just not happen. Reinstalling everything (or for that matter, uninstalling the es30.1 patch from running setup and then reinstalling) is almost impossible thing in a setup of 6000+ users