cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM clear IP Phone Status when Jtapi connection is reset

jmlacoste
Level 1
Level 1

We have noticed that when a jtapi connection is closed, CallManager send an Init:AppStatus to all previously observed IP Phones. This seems to be undocumented and it is a problem because it reset CiscoIPPhoneStatus pushed by other applications.

Do anybody noticed that ? Is there a way to avoid it ?

Thanks and regards,

JM Lacoste

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I noticed that as well.. I didn't go into details so I didn't know that the ccm actually does something, but then again, when I push via http, that never happens so this explanation makes a lot of sense.

My JTAPI apps are always on so for me it's not a problem. I just also lose the display if a phone is reset or a user logs in/out, but I'm catching the appropriate "phone up/down" events and push another CiscoIPPhoneStatus when appropriate (with a 5 second delay.. when JTAPI reports the phone is operation and you push immediately.. you're getting the dreaded internal cti error.. I guess IP phones are like windows.. when you see that it's up, you can't really use it yet).

Thanks, it is interesting.

How can you know a user have login/logout or a phone has been reset ? Via TerminalChangedEvent ?

Thks,

JMLacoste

TerminalChangedEvent is too broad, look at CiscoTermOutOfServiceEv and CiscoTermInServiceEv. Obviously, it's the same event whether you reset the phone or login/logout, or pull the plug to a phone/replug it.