cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR duration negative field

MARTIN IVAN
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me, why in duration field is negative number ?

CDR defition chapter declares positive value in duration field.

Thanks for any answer,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Martin,

The duration field is an unsigned integer value that represents the number of seconds that the call was connected. The duration field is usually nonzero, except in two cases:

-The CDR Log Calls with Zero Duration flag is enabled (True), the call duration is 0 seconds, and the call terminates normally. This happens mainly when a user took a phone off-hook and ut it back on-hook without attempting a call.

-The call duration is 0 seconds, and one of the call termination cause codes in the CDR is not a normal termination code. This indicates that some error or special processing ocurred.

When the duration is negative:

Duration is negative. (if negative, the record would be considered as an error record and would be a

part of tbl_billing_error)

I widely recommend you to configure NTP servers for all the CCM within the cluster.

Gonz

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Martin,

The duration field is an unsigned integer value that represents the number of seconds that the call was connected. The duration field is usually nonzero, except in two cases:

-The CDR Log Calls with Zero Duration flag is enabled (True), the call duration is 0 seconds, and the call terminates normally. This happens mainly when a user took a phone off-hook and ut it back on-hook without attempting a call.

-The call duration is 0 seconds, and one of the call termination cause codes in the CDR is not a normal termination code. This indicates that some error or special processing ocurred.

When the duration is negative:

Duration is negative. (if negative, the record would be considered as an error record and would be a

part of tbl_billing_error)

I widely recommend you to configure NTP servers for all the CCM within the cluster.

Gonz