cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ch_templates deleted

myron.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

I have managed to delete my call handlers for my default templates. I ran dbwalker and selected delete orphan call-handlers automatically. It deleted those two call handlers stating they were invalid because they did not have an extension. I look in DOHprop and yup, the call handlers don't exist anymore. I also cannot add a new subscriber template. Is there a way that I can recreate these call handlers.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple things here...

First, always include the version of Unity you're working with - if you're at 3.1(5) you have different options than if you're at, say, 3.1(1).

Second, dbWalker wouldn't have deleted those call handlers if they had been properly associated with the template objects in the first place (as they should be) - sounds like one or both of them were damaged somehow or another - I'd know more seeing the actual output of the dbWalker logs. Also, be sure to always go fetch the latest dbWalker version of www.CiscoUnityTools.com. I've elected to remove the orphaned call handler cleanup option in the next version I post since folks misunderstand it's use and the need for it in later versions of 3.1(x) is questionable at best - it was a much bigger issue in 3.0(x) and earlier. Sounds like you had other problems here but waxing the handlers out of the database certainly didn't make things better!

If you're at 3.1(5) (it may have been there in 3.1(4) as well but I don't have one here to check) you can rebuild the default objects (including the templates) by running the FixDefaultObjects.sql script - it was created for situations just like this (or where folks accidentally deleted the say goodbye handler or the like). You can run it using ConfigMgr.exe found under \commserver\. Select the "run database configuration script" option and then use the browse button to select the "FixDefaultObjects.sql" script then hit "run". It'll recreate the handlers for the templates - it SHOULD fix them up but you might still need to jump into DOHPropTest and make sure the references are valid - my test on my 3.1(5) box here worked fine when I deleted the handlers and then ran the script.

If you're at an older version of Unity that doesn't have this script we'll have to get a little more creative...

Sorry I forgot about the version number. I am running 3.1.5. I will try to rebuild and see what happens.

Thanks that worked. I do not know what happen before, as I just got out onsite. Also guess I am use to using dbwalker under 2.4.6 and 3.0.

Myron

good deal.

Yeah, I'm adding in an option to dbWalker when I get back from PTO (can't you tell I'm on vacation right now?) to add the default subscriber templates back in on demand - the weird way templates and their corresponding handlers are dealt with in the database makes it an esspecially difficult problem to deal with - just easier to have it there as an option rather than trying to fix up the one's in the database as they stand.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: