cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing CallManager computer name

robert.morgan
Level 1
Level 1

I know there is a document pertaining to changing the computer name of a Unity server, is there a document for changing the computer name of a CallManager also?

Thanks,

Jesse

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco does not support changing the name of a Cisco CallManager server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_troubleshooting_guide_chapter09186a00801eb003.html#1105170

H. M.

Our organization is implementing a new naming convention required for all computers and servers. I can’t believe that once you choose a computer name you are stuck with that one indefinitely. That’s definitely a limitation that Cisco has had to address at sometime in the past and create a work around for.

Jesse

I have also searched for a document about changing the Computer name, and found nothing except dissappointment. I did find a document telling how to change the IP address of the CallManager, however, that does not work either. I was also told by several "Certified" Techs that this is not a possibility. The only way to change the Name or the IP is to do a Complete Reinstall of the IPT OS and the CallManager. Which means applying all the updates again, et cetera. This is something Cisco really needs to pay more attention to, and come up with a fix or update of some kind.

If you want , you can change the IP address of the Call Manager , you must change it too in the application .

The only limitation is only due to Microsoft SQL 2000 and so you cannot change the name of the Call Manager

Olivier

vr2zjw
Level 1
Level 1

I heard that the name changing limitation is due to SQL 2000, you may want to look at www.microsoft.com.